I read this quote the other day and I really liked it.
" Our nature hungers for God even when it broke with Him long ago, perhaps the more intensely the longer ago it was. It experience a sort of famine. But the devil rides it and spurs it on, to distract it from it's own need. He changes it's hunger into haste. That's why people today are in such a hurry. Their speed is to distract their hunger." - Loius Evely
I was thinking of the truth of this in my own life, especially during this time of year. I was feeling the pressure of all the baking,getting gifts, going to various events, oh yeah and still being a mom. I finally had to sit down and refocus. My favorite time thus far has been just to sit in silence and think about Christ coming as a baby 2000 years ago. When I really think about it, I can not even begin to grasp it.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well said Michelle. Thanks for sharing those great thoughts!
-Greg
Moffat Clan-
We hope you had a great Christmas, thanks for the great quote on this time of year and the real importance of focusing on our savior. God Bless!
Bryan Hardin
Post a Comment