Friday, September 16, 2011

This summer we........

As I find Fall fast approaching I thought that I might finally share what we have been up to this summer.  Now that I have two kids in school all day I am finding that I have more time to do things like blog :)  So here is keeping you all caught up on the happenings of our life.    The beginning of July we went to my Grandparents house who live just outside of Sunriver.  A lot of my family was there and we had a great time together. The girls got some cousin time and Ashlynn got to do one of her many passions which is fishing.  She loves to go fishing with her grandpa, she could sit it the boat all day fishing away.  It was a very nice and warm weekend so they got to play in the sprinklers and do some floating down the river with Ryan.

Next we  had our Moffat family vacation and we all were at a wonderful house in Sunriver.  We had a blast!  We swam, rode bikes, played games ate some wonderful food, relaxed and enjoyed being with one another.  This was the first year that we had a house with these great bunk rooms for the kids and I thought that it went quite well. It always takes a day or so for them all to figure it out and let the excitement wear off, but it was a hit.
Grandpa serenading Brennan with his musical talents
 
Just the midday snooze with dad



Things slowed down a bit after that and we got to enjoy the beautiful weather.  We like to take bike rides to the park and on a few weekends we would got to the Black Butte pool, which is a ton of fun.  I was able to take Lorelai and Brennan there the week that school started and it was empty.   We went with some friends and they had the pool to themselves for much of the morning.  The pool is becoming more fun for Brennan.  He was not a fan the first few times ( aka he cried when we just put his feet in) but he has grown to love a warm pool. 
 Lorelai and her good friend Kolby


The beginning of August we came back to Gresham for some time with family and friends. Ryan and some friends had put together a little backyard reunion.  For those of you unfamiliar with backyard, it is a basketball game that is on a slab of concrete with their own lines drawn on it and they have the hoop set at a lower level so that even these white middle aged men can dunk. I know that I can not even do it justice by that description but it was the highlight of Ryan's summer.  
The girls got to participate in their first ever cousins camp.  They got to swim all evening  and went to Enchanted Forest the next day.   In the kids mind, it was right up there with Disneyland, which seems crazy but it apparently doesn't take much to wow these children.    We got to catch up with friends, play games and I even got to see some of the ladies at a play date at the park. I really enjoyed being able to see some of my friends and their kids. 


 I found a slip and slide on clearance at the store and introduced the girls to it. This has been our latest form of entertainment.   It is kind of crazy that this was their first experience with a slip and slide.  When I first set it up for them they did not know what to do with it.   Ryan had to show them the ropes, that's right fellas you can still slip and slide when you are thirty.   I think that he quite enjoyed himself too. 
It has been a very enjoyable summer.  We have had lots of time as a family and have been able to a lot of fun things.  I am so thankful for these days with my kids and husband. It was our first whole summer here in sisters and I had a little bit of a time of transition and sadness at the beginning.   I realized that there were many things that I do every summer, and that I look forward to that I would not be able to do here.  Spending days and evening at Grandma and Grandpa's pool, pick berries, have play dates at the parks with my friends, be at BBQ's with family ( man I miss the Traeger ).  But after I processed that, I found that there were many fun and new things that we were going to be able to do here.  So I continue in my process of learning new things and being stretched and trying to flourish and enjoy where God has put me today.  It is a great place to be.

No comments: