We just finished up the first few weeks of school and things are starting to go smoothly. Lorelai had shown a lot of excitement this summer to start school, but in the couple of weeks that let up to the first day of school, she started to have some doubt. I kept hearing, "I don't want to go to Kindergarten." We talked about it and prayed with her but she still was not excited. The first week was kind of rough and I thought I don't know how long I can fight with her to get her to go to school. Luckily by the end of the first week when I picked her up she said, "Mom, it was a great day at school." I was very excited, I think that she had so many expectations and unknowns that she didn't know what to do with them. Now that she has got the ropes down and knows what everything is like, she is really liking it and I don't have to talk her into going each morning. Huge answer to prayer. It is so funny how our kids handle life and situations so differently. Ashlynn has been loving school and it doing great. I love to watch my kids grow and learn new things.
 |
| Ashlynn on her first day of 1st grade |
|
|
 |
| Lorelai on her first day of Kindergarten |
 |
| first day of school together |
So I have officially had both of my two oldest in school all day for two weeks. I have had a lot of people ask, "What are you going to do with yourself?" Well I have managed to stay very busy. I have cleaned all the bathrooms, even the bath tubs and showers, cleaned the oven inside and out, organized, baked, made baby food, blog, get groceries and so much more. I am enjoying being able to feel like I am staying on top of the chores at home. I am so appreciative that my husband works so hard and I get to stay at home. I love being a mom and taking care of our home, it brings me great joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment