Monday, August 13, 2007

Montana

We got home from Montana early Sunday morning. I was really glad to be home, just like Alison, I was a little lacking on the personal hygiene front. I had no shower or brushing of the teeth for a while. Mainly because we didn't have access to water for the last part of the week. I take that back we could have take a shower in some glacier water but it just wasn't all that appealing to me. Which leads me to the fact that our High School students did such a great job they got one real shower the whole ten days we were gone and they never complained. They also had to use some pretty aromatic port-a-potty's and sleep in tents when it was really cold outside. They were all so great! They served with their whole hearts and it was so fun to see. Some of my great memories from the trip were:

Ashlynn getting to ride a horse for the first time

Seeing a grizzly bear and cub at Glacier National Park

God's beautiful creation in Montana

Hanging with the students

Laughing and crying with Alison

Ryan almost getting stampeded by buffalo with our daughter on his back

Taking a four wheeler ride with my hubby to watch part of the sunset

Trying to figure out the breed of all the stray dogs in browning - I'm pretty sure that there was not one purebred dog in the town - and I have been doing a lot of research on dogs lately

Watching Ashlynn interact with the students - she was a source of much entertainment

There is so many more that I could list. It was a good trip with many surprises along the way.

Here are a few pics.


Ashlynn and her first experience riding a horse

The 700 acre buffalo ranch where we stayed


Glacier National Park

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I am so glad that you got to go and that you and your family can make such great memories there. You are an amazing wife Michelle!

ang said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to catch up. Those pictures are so beautiful!! Glad you had such a great time with the fam. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad your fam got a vacation..you deserved to get away! Welcome home

Anonymous said...

check my blog..I tagged you!