Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Halloween


We got back to some serious pumpkin carving this year.  I forgot to take a finished picture of both of the pumpkins.  Lorelai wanted to have a snow white pumpkin to match her costume.  I have learned that I love to do those pumpkins, it is detailed oriented and pretty tedious, two things that I apparently like.  It was somehow strangely therapeutic for me. 




I don't know if Lorelai will ever not be one of the princesses for Halloween.  Ashlynn has branched out these last few years and tried some new things.  Lorelai was excited that Ashlynn let her wear the snow white dress, she talked about it for quite some time.  The girls had a blast being able to dress up in their costumes for school.  They just had a party at school.  Ashlynn said " Mom, we didn't have to do any work today, just have fun."  I guess it is good to have a few days like that.  Ashlynn's teacher was dressed up as a smurf and Lorelais's was a doll.  It was fun to see all of the different costumes, people are so creative.
After school all the kids meet at the Village Green and we do a "parade" through sisters and the kids get to do some trick or treating with the merchants, it is always a lot of fun.  Here they are with some
of their good friends. 

Lastly we ended the evening with some trick or treating around our neighborhood.  It was nice cool evening.  Brennan ended up falling asleep in the stroller and the girls were very motivated this year.  They were practically running from house to house.  It is amazing what we will do for some candy :)

3 comments:

Mark Moffat said...

Thanks for the pics! Had to get my "fix"!

Greg and Andrea said...

Looks (and sounds) like fun! So, was Ashlynn going as "Kaya?"

Megan said...

Nice work on the pumpkins, I am impressed!