Monday, August 18, 2008
California 5-Day Clubs
Well it's time for a Moffat summer update. It is has been one crazy summer in this household. I am feeling like things are just starting to calm down. We started our summer off with a 5 -Day club at our house and went into the California out of towns, then Montana Clubs and into the Moffat family vacation. I was very lucky this summer because we have such wonderful parents. Ryan's parents took the girls for 6 days so that I could fly and join Ryan down in California. I had so much fun and it was also really good for me to see my husband at work. He is so amazing with students and his leadership abilities never cease to amaze me. I also was able to see that a lot of his job is hard work and a lot of not so fun stuff that I would never want to handle. He truly is amazing. He also managed to get detained by police on the trip which made a for a great skit night reenactment. So the story goes a little something like this .... Ryan and I went out to try and find some kids for the club that was being held at the church, while out walking we came upon the scene of a man who'd been assaulted and was being treated by paramedics. We made it back to the church and there were two men that started to ask questions but we were too far away to hear so Ryan went to talk with them and I went into the church. An hour later my husband came back into the church and said you will never just believe what happened to me! "I was talking with those guys about the church and telling them about the service times and as I was walking away a police car screeched to a halt and they pulled their guns out on us and threw me up against the car. They started searching me and put me in the car and would not tell me what was going on. I am sitting in between two intoxicated men who are reassuring me that everything is going to be alright. They asked me my name and what I was doing and I told them my name and that I was a pastor visiting down here with High School students and they didn't believe me. They then went and ran a background check, and let me go, giving me a strong warning to, "watch out with who I hang out with". We later on found out that they were searching for suspects in that assault case. It was kind of crazy to say the least. It was a great trip and I was so glad to be able to be a part of it! The above pictures I took for my two daughters. I told Ashlynn that I was going to Cinderella's house and that I would try to get some pictures of the princess's for her. I managed to get a few at the parade and I thought your kids might enjoy them too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
SUCH a crazy but fun summer for you guys! I have been thinking about you a lot lately so I am glad to hear that you are doing good. Glad you have had some fun trips. I could NOT believe when I heard about Ryan getting arrested. How scary, but he'll have a GREAT story for years to come. I hope those cops got in trouble for being so stupid!! Hope to see you soon!
I just noticed that you got your picture taken with Jasmine and Aladdin! WOW! I imagine that Ashlynn was a little bit jealous! One of these years 5 day clubs will be the perfect way to take the family to enjoy Disneyland together! Maybe wait until they are both out of diapers and done napping, and then it will be so fun!
Post a Comment