Saturday, April 02, 2011

Brennan Ezekiel Moffat







Brennan made his appearance into this world and our family this last Monday night. I was scheduled to be induced on April 1st, but he decided to come early. It started out as a normal day, I was getting some cleaning and organizing done and Ashlynn had a birthday party that she was going to. I started to feel some contractions when I went to make dinner and kind of tried to pay attention to see if they were consistent. After a while they were coming every ten minutes and were starting to hurt. I was helping the girls to pick up their room and I started to think, wow these things are really starting to take my breath away. I asked Ryan if he would put the girls to bed so that I could go lay down and see if they would stop. Well they didn't but stayed about the same time apart. I was not sure what to do because I had never gone into labor before, so I didn't want to freak out and go to the hospital too early. We waited and sought some advice and even though they were not getting more frequent they were getting more intense so we decided to go to the hospital around 10 pm. In our 40 minute drive to the hospital the contractions went from 10, to 8, to 5, to 4 minutes apart. Got there and they checked me and I was 8-9cm dilated. Baby boy was coming. Just about an hour after we got there and 1 push he was born. The quickest and most intense labor experience I had with any of my kids. It is pretty amazing how efficient your body is when it is ready.
The girls adore him and Ashlynn loves to be his 2nd mommy. We are so thankful for this blessing of adding another child to our family, and are especially excited that it is a boy. So far he has been a good baby, but lets you know if he is not happy, he hates to be naked and get his diaper changed. I am really enjoying him and having a baby around, I had forgotten what it was like.
Ryan was able to take this week off and he is doing a great job of doing activities with the girls and being a great help. He officially got peed and pooped on this morning by his son, it was quite comical. Good times.

5 comments:

Eric 'n Leah said...

He's adorable!! Thanks for the new pictures, Michelle! We're totally up for spending Easter weekend with you guys if you aren't up for traveling. I'll aim to call you this week. Love, L

Mark Moffat said...

Thanks for the pics! Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Great pix! He is such a handsome lookin guy! Congrats! Good job on timing it perfectly, its always hard to know for sure.We will pray for you all as you adjust to the new family dynamics.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Leah... he is adorable! What a wonderful addition to your family. So glad that Ryan got the week off too. Can't wait to meet Mr. Brennan in person. Congrats to all of you. Love, Aunt Sue

Faith said...

Such a great story! Wow. Glad you made it in time:) Can't wait to meet Brennan. I think he looks like Lorelai:)